Why would you want Java FX?
The reasons why you should switch to JavaFX are many. Here are just a few:
- The GUI has a much more fresh and modern look compared to Swing or AWT. (To me it looks more to MacOS Aqua).
- Lightweight and hardware accelerated.
- Easier and faster to develop thanks to Oracle Theme Builder.
- CSS Support (Desktop and Web).
- Ready to use GUI Widgets (like the calendar).
- Accurate and fast positioning of Desktop (and web) widgets.
- 3D support.
- Supports a native XML format named FXML. It’s somewhat similar to HTML, Which makes it easy for we developers to work with.