Many WordPress site owners know about the importance of optimizing their site for performance (speed). A single second can make the difference of a visitor stays or bounces away.
There are several tricks and tips to enhance the speed of your WordPress site.
The most important and most visible optimizations
- The PHP version is probably the most visible optimization possible. Upgrading from PHP5 to PHP7.2 made my site’s pages load in less then 50% of the time!
- On number 2 are the image sizes. Large images take a long time to load, compression is therefore of big importance. There are two types of compression:
- Losless compression and
- Lossy compression.
The first type (Losless) does what it’s name implies. It compresses the image without loss of quality. The second type (lossy) causes some loss of quality, however hardly visible for the human eye.
- Compression at the webserver level. This is a setting in the Apache webserver. It ‘sends’ the data to the browser as gzip compressed data so the page is faster received by the browser and hence is quicker displayed in the browser.
- Caching – is a efficient way of improving speed.
- Using a CDN – CDN stands for Content Delivery Service.
Measuring the site speed
Page Speed monitoring lets you identify what about a web page is fast, slow, too big, what best practices you’re not following, and much more. There are dozens of online tools available. I will list the most important below:
- Pingdom – Is multifunctional. Next to Page Speed Monitoring it also offers uptime and downtime monitoring. You can monitor multiple sites with it. Whenever a site goes down you can choose to receive an alert by email. Pingdom is also available as an IOS or Android App.
- https://gtmetrix.com/ – Perfoms an extensive check on your website and presents the results in a nice report.
- https://www.webpagetest.org/ – runs a free website speed test from multiple locations around the globe using real browsers (IE and Chrome) and at real consumer connection speeds. You can run simple tests or perform advanced testing including multi-step transactions, video capture, content blocking and much more. Your results will provide rich diagnostic information including resource loading waterfall charts, Page Speed optimization checks and suggestions for improvements. If you have any performance/optimization questions you should visit the Forums where industry experts regularly discuss Web Performance Optimization.
How my site performs compared with others
Check out the image below or run the tests yourself. My site beats yahoo! on all fronts! This is also true for other sites: CNN, The New York Post and even WordPress.org!
Do you also want a blazing fast WordPress site?
You have two options: Do it yourself or let me do it for you.
Before I bought a professional VPS to serve my pages from WordPress I used my own MacBook Pro with a VirtualBox to host my site and Optimization was an absolute necessity! So I know everything there is to know about optimizing Wordpress sites! For me it’s a routine task and therefore I can offer the guaranteed lowest price guaranty!
There are a handful of freelancers (mostly from India and Pakistan) who have made it their profession to optimize WordPress sites. They work for a fixed price of 25 to 35 USD. I will do the same for just 20 $! Or if you’re in the Philippines: 1000 ₽ (Philippine Pesos). This is guaranteed the lowest price on the Internet!
Since I know how it’s done, I can offer the same service for the same price, no matter what size your WordPress site is. I only need the Administrative username and password, the rest will be done within a few days after I received my payment of 20 USD.
How to sign up and pay
Send me an email with your details (url, admin username & password) and use PayPal to send me 30 US $ to the PayPal email address firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as the money is on my account I will start working for you.